Note to all GM&B members Forum No. 1 – Monday 6th April – postponed.
Good afternoon gentlemen,
Your Executive Committee has reluctantly taken the decision to postpone the Forum until we have a clearer picture of the current situation.
The decision was not taken lightly because we stand to lose some momentum as we seek to redefine our role, but similar events all around us are being cancelled, and we have received the following advice from the Principal via the School’s weekly newsletter “Ours”.
“The Premier of Victoria has made it clear that as the State moves into the ‘Social distancing’ response phase to Coronavirus it is inevitable that all schools will be instructed to close. Additionally, an individual school will be closed immediately if a student or staff member tests positive to COVID 19. In the event of a school closure there will be no access to the MHS site.”
The agenda for the Forum was a good one, and we particularly looked forward to participation from MacRob. We will certainly hold it later in the year.
In the same context, we have found it necessary to suspend our Junior Leadership and Mentoring Programs.
Hoping you are all surviving a very challenging time.