What is the GM&B?
Established in 1994 this group of men have already contributed significantly to the long-term vision of Melbourne High School. The group is now 96 in number (as of March 2022) covering leaders from the widest possible variety of professions and businesses. We are very keen for additional members.
The ‘think tank’ concept provides the MHSOB Association and the School with a sound base for professional opinion about aspects affecting their future life, direction, and growth.
The mission of the MHSOBA GM&B Patrons’ Club is to contribute to the sustainable development of Melbourne High School so that it is nationally and internationally competitive and recognised as such through the excellence and quality of its educational and experiential programs, its facilities and the achievements of its students and their pride in the School.
Meeting in short evening business forums twice a year and at an Annual General Meeting and Dinner, the GM&B Patrons are not overly taxed on their valuable time. Small working groups or committees can meet on an infrequent basis as the needs arise over certain issues if they wish. During Covid-19 times these sessions have been conducted virtually on-line.
Together with the annually elected positions of Patron-in-Chief, Deputy P-i-C, Secretary and Treasurer, the chairmen of each committee comprise the GM&B Executive together with the Executive Officer appointed following the AGM.
- The Joining Fee for Melbourne Metropolitan applicants over 30 years of age is $300 with a $250 annual subscription. This is payable in advance and the yearly fee is calculated from 1 January to 31 December. The annual dinner and business forum dinners are included in this subscription, together with the GM&B tie and a framed limited-edition lithograph of the school by noted Old Boy artist Graham McKenzie.
- The Joining Fee for Melbourne Metropolitan applicants under 30 years of age is $100 with a $250 annual subscription. This is payable in advance and the yearly fee is calculated from 1 January to 31 December. The annual dinner and business forum dinners are included in this subscription, together with the GM&B tie and a framed limited-edition lithograph of the school by noted Old Boy artist Graham McKenzie.
- The Joining Fee for Regional Victoria, Interstate and International applicants is $200 with a $100 annual subscription. This is payable in advance and the yearly fee is calculated from 1 January to 31 December. These fees cover both Forums and, if attending the AGM & Annual Dinner, an additional fee of $100 will be incurred and invoiced, together with the GM&B tie and a framed limited-edition lithograph of the school by noted Old Boy artist Graham McKenzie.
For all members in this category there will be an annual virtual meeting to relay up-to-date information on all aspects of the School and GM&B activities.
If a person joins mid-year, then the annual fee is determined proportionately.
Program membership is awarded annually through invitation by the Program Conveners to young Old Boys who have played a significant role in the evolution of that program over an extended time frame. Once a PM has been accepted the PM may
- Attend our two Forums. There IS NO CHARGE for your participation.
- Attend our Annual General Meeting and Annual Dinner in May at the Unicorn Club. There will be a charge of $80 for this function to cover catering costs.
- Join our Volunteer Victoria initiatives programs at NO CHARGE. These will be advertised throughout the year and will be of immense benefit to all GM&B Program Members as they build their leadership credentials and CV.
- At a point in the future, when in full-time employment, you may wish to consider joining the GM&B as a full member. Your joining fee WILL BE WAIVED as a GM&B Program Member.
Your contribution in joining this GM&B leadership group of Melbourne High School will be most valued and will contribute to the continuance of the School at the forefront of secondary education in Australia.
If you are able to join with us please complete the Membership Application Form and return it with your payments via credit card or direct deposit, as soon as possible.
EFT details: Bendigo Bank BSB 633 000 Account No. 15526-7016 Reference; <your name>
If you would like additional information about the GM&B Patrons’ Club or know of other Old Boys who might like to become involved, please let the Executive Officer know.